How to Optimize Your Battery's Performance
Want to get the best performance out of you lithium battery? Simply follow the points below to enjoy many years of power from your lithium battery.
How to optimize your battery's performance:
- Determine if your lithium battery is a cranking, deep cycle or dual purpose battery. Only use your battery for the application its designed for.
-Eg. Don't use a deep cycle lithium battery to start your outboard motor.
- Your battery is equipped with a battery management system. The BMS handles cell balancing, low voltage cutoff, high voltage cutoff, short circuit protection and high temperature protection
- Lithium Battery Source recommend your battery be charged using a lithium compatible charger. Preferably a charger that's the same brand as your battery.
- Most lithium batteries are shipped with 10% charge. Please charge your battery prior to initial use.
- Follow the charging instructions that come with your charger.
- Charge your battery prior to storage.
- Avoid charging your lithium battery below 32F.
- Most lithium battery's operating temperature range is between -20'f to 120'f. Please refer to the manufacturers instructions for your batteries operating temperature.
- Avoid dropping or crushing.
- Tighten bolts securely to avoid overheating the connectors.
- Use dielectric grease at battery terminals.
- Lithium Battery Source recommends using a fuse when wiring packs 23ah or higher capacity in parallel to protect from dump charging.
By following these simple steps, we can guarantee a long life out of you lithium battery!